Create your electronic vaccination card now
Have you ever spent hours looking for your vaccination card? With the electronic vaccination card, those days are over! This health tip tells you all about the other advantages it brings.
More than 150,000 people already have an electronic vaccination card. With just a few clicks and the entry of some personal data for identification purposes, you can go online and create your electronic vaccination card – a personal “vaccination account”. The account is password-protected, but it can be viewed by a doctor or pharmacist if the patient so wishes.
At the beginning, the “vaccination account” is empty. To fill it with information, you can either enter all the vaccinations manually or scan a photo of your vaccination card and upload it to your account. A specialist will then input the scanned vaccinations into the electrical form. The other option is to go to your doctor or pharmacist and have them produce your vaccination card in electronic form. It costs ten francs to have your vaccination card validated. After validation, you can print out your new official vaccination card anytime and anywhere.
The Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) gives the following reasons for using an electronic vaccination card:
- Important information like your vaccination status should be digitally secured and not simply recorded on a sheet of paper.
- Tedious searching for the vaccination card is a thing of the past because now you will always have access to it online.
- You will be informed automatically if you need a vaccination.
- Unnecessary vaccinations are prevented.
- You can ask to have a free vaccination check carried out. A green or a red icon for each disease indicates whether your vaccinations are up-to-date.
- If you need your vaccination card during an emergency abroad, you can always access it online.
In the event of further health-related questions, SWICA customers can contact the santé24 telemedicine service free of charge on 044 404 86 86. A telemedicine practice licence allows santé24 physicians to provide additional medical services in cases that are suited to a telemedicine approach. SWICA customers can also use the BENECURA medical app to carry out a digital SymptomCheck and receive recommendations about what to do next. During a subsequent phone call with sante24, customers can decide for themselves whether to release their information from SymptomCheck to sante24.